Its from BVLA :)
A lot of people ask what i do in the gym and honestly i’ve fallen off the wagon lately because we’ve been so busy with travel and going home and eating all the yummy foods.
I’m getting back into the swing of things now and i know it won’t take long to get back to where i want to be so i thought i’d share my latest/intended work out routine.
Trainer 3x per week
I still do a split weights routine with my trainer, we’ve just changed from 5 days a week to 3 because she’s so busy.
We do two body parts per session and although they vary, here’s an example of what it might look like:
Tuesday- Legs, Shoulders and Abs
Thursday- Back, Triceps and Abs
Saturday- Chest, Biceps and Abs
We use free weights, kettle bells, the bow flex, resistance bands, body weight and whatever other torturous things she can come up with. She changes it up every session so i don’t get bored.
You could absolutely do this yourself but i know that without her i won’t push myself as hard in these areas and i also don’t have the knowledge she does to continually be changing it up.
30/3 (in addition to training)
I read this somewhere recently that to stay motivated you should commit to either 30 minutes of exercise or 3 miles per day. For me this is either 30 min on the treadmill at high incline or walking 3 miles with my dogs (2 miles with Pickle and picking up Balthazar on the way back for the additional 1). These are really easy things to work in to your day and are easy to become routine.
I’m also in the process of getting back on the healthy eating wagon.
A friend and i the other day joked that our version of eating naughty foods is still, in fact, pretty damn healthy so its not like i’ve gained a load of weight; i’ve just eaten things that might make me feel more sluggish than usual.
I do post lots of my meals on my instagram (WIFELIFE) but generally this is somewhat how it goes:
Breakfast- before working out i eat something small like a granola bar or piece of toast and then afterwards i either have eggs (yes, i still eat organic, local eggs even though my diet is mostly vegan otherwise) with veggies or oatmeal with fruit.
Lunch- usually something with brown rice pasta or something from out local coop deli like a tofu salad or wrap
Dinner- lots of veggies like my sweet potato noodle with home-made pasta sauce, soups, beat burgers, veggie tacos or really anything from the River Cottage Veg cookbook!
Snacks etc- Usually seeds or dried fruit, plentils for my salty fix, fruit, green juices, tea (i’m currently trying the Your Tea 28 day Tiny Teatox for a boost and to get rid of all the yuck), vega sport performance protein, cranberry juice and lots of water.
I think this has everything covered, like i said i’ve been a little piggy lately but i know this combo will have me feeling ship-shape in no time :)
Is there anything else you guys would like to know or want me to share?
I’m gonna try and post more meal ideas and recipes so keep an eye out for those and we can get healthy together!
I’ve made posts about this before but there are a few more options out there now so i thought i’d do an updated version.
(click the product name for a link to their site)
Clear cube offer 3 different options with prices ranging from $300-$350. Super spendy but very hard-wearing and well made.
This comes in one style but its an awesome one at that. The drawers are a variety of sizes which i love and it seems like the space is all very useable! I’d probably have bought 2 of these instead of my clear cubes had they been available back then. At $120, this is a great product.
These guys offer a similar product to the clear cube at a better price, i’m not sure of how the quality compares but its a great option. They offer a 5, 6 and 7 tier option with prices ranging from $149.99- $229.99.
These guys offer two different towers along with a hair tool organizer and a bling option! Prices range from $159- $229. As far as i can tell the drawers are a uniform size opposed to the brands that make the extra deep drawers.
These towers are similar but have a rounded top and what looks like an “e-diva” decal on top. Prices range from $198- $297.
These are a much more affordable option that look just as sleek. Prices range from around $15 to $25. Stack a few of these together to make your own giant storage tower!
This shop offers a bunch of different options in acrylic towers ranging from around $50-$160.
I can’t speak for the quality of any of these other than the Clear Cube and Muji organizers but both of those are great and have lasted well for me.
Know of any others? Let me know!
- Hi! I’m traveling right now so i’m not able to go through and list the products but that is my plan once i have a minute. Orrr you guys could make a note in the mean-time ;)
- Maybe some time.. our wedding was small and private so thats sort of how we like to keep it. Perhaps i’ll share more one day.
- First of all: there are. Secondly: because this is mostly a beauty/fitness blog. Thirdly: he’s a man’s man.. hes not into taking photos with me every other minute like my girlfriends are.
- Theres no reason for me to have an opinion on it, i’d never get it and neither would anyone in my family. If you’re happy with it then thats all that matters!
- I’m 5’5” and wear a 2 (regular length), the best jeans are from American Eagle :)
- I’m not sure if this is a trick question or you’re expecting some fruit-eating secret but here goes: 1) Eat different fruits until you find one you like or 2) Buck up and just eat it, its good for you.
- I’m guessing you’re either having a reaction to the foundation, buying the wrong shade or its all in your head. Try a different brand and go for more yellow tones. Tarte amazonian clay foundation is nice!
- I get to share my finds with my friends, take advantage of affiliate programs, hear other people’s stories and sometimes even help them. I wouldn’t say i “share my personal life” unless its something i think could help someone else.
My husband and I designed it.
- I would just shrug and move on to be honest. Save your energy for the gym.
- Hello! Thank you :) Yes i love my nutribullet, i use it a lot and not just for smoothies. I use it to make protein pancake mixes, small batches of soup, sauces.. anything you would use a blender for you can use this and its so much easier to clean! Its also nice for juices and smoothies when you want the fibre left in since a juicer eliminates most of that.
- A breville!
- I lift weights 5x a week, one area a day. It varies but i just like weights in general. Lots of ideas in the fitness section!
- I did once but didn’t like the taste. To me theres nothing better than vega for a wholefood, vegan, non-soy protein.
- I literally have no idea, i don’t think i’d let my makeup dictate when i went to the gym :/ Just go when you want to, you said it sucks either way so just don’t worry about it.
- No, I lost 20lb- that’s really not that much. If anything i’d think your tattoos would be more likely to change if you gained weight :/
I get lots of messages on here asking for nutritional advice or fitness stuff and i just want to make clear that all i know is that i’ve taught myself from researching online.
I can’t give you an answer as to if you eat this/ don’t eat that if you’ll lose weight, i can’t tell you whether your ass/boobs/thighs will shrink if you do x/y/z exercise, i can’t tell you if eating a certain thing will make you fat… i don’t know your situation, i’m not a doctor and i’m not a nutritionist.
All you can do is do your research and try it out… thats how i figured stuff out- trial and error.
I can tell you that lifting weights isn’t going to “make you bulky”, diet pills aren’t the answer and what works for one person might not work for another.
I’m not trying to deter you from messaging me cause i love talking to people on here with similar lifestyles and learning from each other but i don’t have the answers for you… you need to forge your own path.
Stop wasting time asking people for the answers/easy way out and get out there and try it!
I figured i’d answer some questions on my blog for a change in case anyone else is interested in the answers :)
- I think i may have had some korres samples in the past but nothing memorable that blew me away :/ Anyone else?
- Daily? Other than protein shakes, no. If you’re careful about your diet, you don’t need to.
Last year had some pretty stressful times for me and i definitely wasn’t eating enough so my ferritin levels were pretty low, this is a good indicator for low iron stores so i have been taking iron supplements and black strap molasses to try and boost that back up and i’ll get retested in a month or so.
Currently i also take a probiotic after a bout of strong antibiotics followed by norovirus, my gut could use a little help!
If i’m feeling low or have to go on long flights i might take some immune boosting supplements but like i said, day to day i deal with it dietarily :)
- I just used a normal brush but wiped off a lot of the excess, it would’ve been easier with a smaller, rounded brush but this works fine if you’re careful!
- I just bought mine on amazon. I use OPI absolute range and have some no-name brand color supplements and glitters i found on there super cheap :)
- I have used Vega sport performance protein for a long time now. You can read my posts about it here or here. The less processed a protein is, the easier it is for your body to use so stay away from protein powders called “isolates”…. they are so far from their natural form your body has a hard time processing it.
- Hi! For bridal makeup you want to find someone who (obviously) produces good work and listens to what the client wants. Look up their portfolios online or ask them for references. You also want to make sure their makeup LASTS so once you find someone you like, do a trial run to see how it holds up! Most brides want airbrush makeup because of the coverage, how long it lasts and how light it feels. Generally silicone based foundations will last longer.
- I use Tarte lights camera splashes, its their waterproof formula :)
I get so many messages asking me what my favorite makeup brushes are or what the best value for money brushes are so here you go!
Its Sigma (i am eternally in Krystyn’s debt for her telling me about them).
They have full kits, individual brushes, vegan brushes, brush care, bags, mirrors and more…
Here are my top picks.
For the new professional i really recommend investing in one of their complete kits. My wedding season this summer was pretty busy and i’d be spot cleaning and washing brushes multiple times a week and my kit is still going strong (i think i’ve had them 3 years now so it isn’t quite the same as this kit but pretty close).
Something like their Premium Kit is perfect to start with and you can add to it as you go. For jobs like bridal makeup trials this is really all you’d need (brush-wise that is- besides sponges etc) to produce a flawless application.
- Maybe. I’ll have to try. My butt probably sticks out a lot though.
- Links to all MY social media pages on my tumblr homepage. Little buttons :)
- I don’t. I try and get everything i need from what i eat but its not a bad idea if you don’t feel you can do that. Occasionally i supplement my protein shakes with Vega one which is a vegan nutritional powder that has lots of goodies in.
- Who knows..
Thank you guys for all the lovely messages about my progress photos.
For the people messaging me to help them lose weight or tell them what to do-
Literally all the info I have is in my healthy eating or fitness tabs on my tumblr page. Most of it you could just look back a few pages to find too.
I’ve got no secrets to lose weight and what worked for me might not work for you.
Sorry I can’t reply to all the messages but it really is all already on here and I am in no way trained or qualified in any area of health or fitness.
I got a trainer and googled everything else I needed to know.
I think 15?
I’ve had equal parts random/annoyed messages lately.
People asking me to diagnose ailments/tell them personal things and people asking why i post responses to weird questions.
All i can say is that if people logged in, i would answer them privately and there are literally hundreds of weird/inappropriate messages that i delete.
I’m going through and deleting a lot of messages today so if i missed your question and you still want it answered, ask it again but LOG IN!!